Automatic Payment Plan Set Up
When setting up your Automatic Payment Plan, there are actions items in both Authorize.net and within Korrio.
When contacting the Authorize.net representative, you will want to communicate which type of Automatic Payment Plan you will be using in Korrio. The two options are as follows:
- Monthly Recurring Billing - This allows you to choose a down payment amount, and the quantity of automatic recurring month payments you would like to apply. Incorporated in this includes a specific transaction fee you would like to include to cover your Organizations costs. To use this option, your Authorize.net account will need to have Recurring Billing enabled which incorporates an additional $10/month fee.
- Custom Payment Plan - This allows you to choose a certain down payment amount, and then the specific dates in which you want the remaining transactions to be automatically taken out. To use this option, your Authorize.net account to have Customer Information Manager (CIM) enabled which incorporates an additional $20/month cost with Authorize.net.
Once the correct Payment Plan is enabled in Authorize.net you can then set it up in Korrio. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. In your Admin Navigator, go to Club/Club Settings/ Automatic Payment Plans
You will then see the following options:
2. To enable the Automatic Payment Plan for your Organization, change Automatic Payments Plans to ENABLED= Yes
3. Once you do that, you will need to select and agree to the box next to the Payment Plan option you enabled in Authorize.net.
Areas to Note:
1. Adjustments- Fees and Credits. All fees, whether optional or required, will be assessed to the down payment amount upon check out. For example, if a parent elects to give a donation during registration, that donation amount is added to the initial registration fee. All credits, whether optional or required, will be equally assessed to the Automatic Payment Plans additional Payments. For example, if a parent is issued a scholarship via [Admin Assisted Registration], that scholarship will not apply to the down payment but instead be broken up on the additional payments.
2. To reactivate a suspended automatic payment plan log in Authorize.net. There are times when a parent’s credit card expires during the established payment plan, or when for reasons outside of the parent’s control a payment plan is suspended. An example includes the credit card company sending new cards. Log in to the Recurring Payments section in Authorize.net to locate the parent, enter the new credit card and reactivate. Authorize.net will also be sending you an Alert to let you know of Credit Cards expiring in the near future in order to be proactive.
3. Can I have enable both types of Payment Plans? Yes. Although, we would recommend that you only choose the Custom Payment Plan as it will allow you to "recreate" the Monthly Recurring payments and also will cut your monthly Club costs.
4. The Do Not Do List for Automatic Payment Plans.
- The settings for an Automatic Payment Plan can not be changed during a season once you receive your first registration
- For a specific program, do not change the price once you receive your first registration for that program
- For a specific program, do not remove adjustments once you receive your first registration for that program