Learn how to create and customize your team. Enter the name, nickname, description, league id, team colors, season start and end dates, gender, and eligibility. Teams in Korrio serve two functions. In the past with your registration only system, Organization registrars created teams to accomplish functions such as printing of rosters, printing of player cards, and email communications. In addition to these functions, when you create a team in Korrio, the system automatically creates a team site for each team that provides your coaches, managers, parents and players with scheduling and communications functionality to reduce the administrative burden of managing the sports lives around a team.
To create a team:
Access the Team page of your Korrio site by using the Admin Navigator (Teams > Create Team).
Name: Enter your team name. This is a required field and will be the name that shows in a Korrio search.
Description: Type in whatever description you’d like to personalize your Team. You can help describe your team by including what league you play in, how often you practice, and what your team goals are for the season. This field is optional and your description will display on your Teams page.
State ID: Enter your State ID, the team’s unique identifier as defined by your governing body organization. This field is optional and can be left blank if your governing organization does not use State IDs
League Code: Enter your League Code, a code that your league may require to be associated with the team. This field is primarily important for printing of player cards (see US Youth Soccer Player Cards support article)
Team Colors: Select the uniform colors of your Team that will populate the uniform options when a game or practice is scheduled. Managers and Coaches may select colored shirt, short, and sock options when setting up their games and practices, which makes it extremely easy for players and parents to know what to wear. There are three distinct uniform shades – light, dark, and other.
Season Start and End Dates: These dates dictate when the season for your Team will begins and end. The SEASON START DATE also distinguishes when a team is or will become listed as ACTIVE under your Teams tab. Until this date your Team will be listed as PENDING. At the End Date, the team becomes historical.
Gender: Click on the arrow, and select the GENDER of your team. The Coed value is for teams that allow both male and female participation.
Eligibility: The age eligibility function is very important for our Registration funnel because our system is designed to recognize the age of the player and match that player with the age appropriate teams in your Organization. You must be careful when setting the AGE ELIGIBILITY range so that only age appropriate players can Register for your Team.
Also, when Registrars perform their team formation functions and add players to teams, only the players that are gender and age eligible for the Team will appear. Please note that Grade and Grade Range appear when the Organization is set as Grade based.
- All Ages – No restrictions
- Sport Age (Season) – Set player eligibility based on a sport age (e.g. U16 for under 16) defined by US Youth Soccer’s yearly Cutoff Date of August 1st. Korrio stores the date cutoffs so you don’t have to manage them.
- Sport Age Range (Season) – Select player eligibility based on a sport age range (e.g. U16 – U18) as defined by US Youth Soccer’s yearly Cutoff Date of August 1st.
- Sport Age (User Defined) – Here you can choose your own Cutoff dates. For example, set a Cutoff Date of March 31, 2011 and a Sport Age of U16 to create a Program where the player cannot be over 16 years of age after March 31, 2011.
- Sport Age Range (User Defined) – For example, set a Cutoff Date of March 31, 2011 and Sport Ages of U16 and U18 to create a program where the player needs to be between 15 and no older than 18 by March 31, 2011.
- Age Range – If the player’s age is between the range defined at the time of registration, they are eligible for the program.
- Birthday Date Range – If the player’s birthday is between the range defined, they are eligible for the program.