Validate your players date of birth, which will save admins time and not allow parents or players to change their DOB. Learn to verify one player's DOB or run a report to validate the whole teams'.
Verify and lock a player’s date of birth, one time!
Korrio provides Organizations with the capability to lock a player’s date of birth (DOB) after reviewing a birth certificate. This functionality was designed to support Organizations that are members of governing bodies that have policies requiring age verification. Once a registrar sets the DOB Validated as Yes, the parent or player can not change the DOB.
To make things easier on you, we provide details of the ways a registrar can validate a player’s date of birth.
Benefits to Registrars
- Saves you time by only verifying a player’s DOB once, not every season
- Improves your Organization’s adherence to governing body policy
- Improves security of sensitive player information due to only collecting the legal document once
Verify Date of Birth in Bulk
1. Access Reports by using the Admin Navigator (Club > Reports > Quick Reports)
2. There are two Quick Reports that best support the verification process
A. To Verify DOB during Registration: For recreational players, it is best to verify DOB during the registration process. This provides registrars with sufficient time to complete the task prior to the start of the season.
- Under Program Reports, click on the Find Attendees by Program report
- Select the applicable registration program from the Program list
- Click on Customize Your Columns
- In the Standard sub-tab, select dob validated
- In the Transaction sub-tab, select registration date
- Click on Run Report
Once the results return, you can identify your player(s) by:
- Click on the column header for Name to sort
- Use the Search Bar to type in a single name and quickly filter between players
- To validate and lock the DOB, click in the field for dob validated. Select Yes and click Ok. Your change is reflected real-time.
B. To Verify DOB after Players are Rostered to Teams: For tryout based programs, it is best to verify DOB after a player has made the team, and is officially a member of your Organization.
- Under Active Team Reports, click on the Players on Active Teams report
- If you are looking for a list of players on a specific team, or a single player, use the filters provided
- Click on Customize Your Columns. In the Standard tab, select dob validated
- Click on Run Report
- You can use the same description provided above to validate and lock the players’ DOB
Verify a Single Player’s DOB
1. Go to a player’s profile page by using the Member Look Up feature (Admin Navigator)
2. Click on Profile on the left hand menu
3. Click on Member Information, then Edit